Friday, September 2, 2022

My Mum & Breast Cancer

 Eating: Vegemite on Buttered Bread & Drinking: Black Tea



I've managed to find some time to sit and write (fingers crossed with no interruptions).

I found out very recently that mum has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer, it's stage 2, but a rapid growing one which is not good; it has already spread to her lymph nodes (which are located under her arm-pit). She is due to start Chemo on Friday 9th September 2022.

I have been spending more time with mum during this early phase of testing (so many tests she has to get done before Chemo starts). After about 4-5 months of Chemo is the surgery. I told my mum that she will not be alone through this diagnosis that we are all fighting alongside her.


My mum's mother passed away from breast cancer that spread to the rest of her body because she did not want to treat it, she had had enough of fighting cancers, she had first cancer at age 50! I know she had Ovarian Cancer, Bowel Cancer and Breast Cancer. She passed away just before her 80th Birthday.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month in Australia.

Resources:

Stages of Breast Cancer    

Blood Test for Early Detection    

How to Check for Lumps   

No comments:

Post a Comment