Saturday, September 11, 2021

Massages & Linden Tea

 Drinking: bottled water



Am in killer pain tonight, burning... aching... pains down my outer thighs, across my upper buttocks/lower back. Both hips.. so painful that it's all I can but cry to cope with the pain.

--

I wish I had a husband that gave me massages. I feel so sad about it, I never ask him for one (these days) because he doesn't give me a proper healing massage. I stopped getting ones from physio because people just don't understand my body - I cannot handle the deep tissue pressure of touch. It has to be a gentle massage. I think this is causing me a bit of resentment because it reminds me of an ex who would only give me a massage if I gave him a happy ending one..

I hate this. I hate fibromyalgia. It is the worst most awful thing I have had to suffer with. There is no medication that can relieve the pains of it. There is no restful sleep. There is daily pain on some level. I can't do many physical things these days - washing the dishes kills me, I had no empathy or anyone else tonight, not even my husband. I struggled to wash the dishes, to feed the dogs after dinner, to even make the dinner. I know exactly where I should have been - I should have been in bed, resting my body, smothered in heat bags. It would be so nice to feel hands touching my skin that relieved the pain I feel without hurting me in the process.

------

I have been introduced to a tea brand that may assist with a decent night sleep - Twinings Sleep Well the main ingredient that does help with a restful sleep is Linden It suggests it may benefit inflammation and some pain as well as a restful sleep.

The first night I tried it I had one mug of tea, and it felt like i had been drugged, I literally sat on the couch and my eyes kept twitching shut. However when I went to bed I woke up an hour in, and still did not have a good night's sleep.

The second night I tried it, I had two mugs of the tea.. I drank the first one slowly, then got up and made another cuppa. That did the trick, I went to bed - woke up after about an hour (again) and then slept through the rest of the night. And woke up early the next day - too early, I felt so groggy. Good thing I was the passenger in the car and not driving as I drifted off to sleep. very easily.

I am going to do some more research into the Linden component particularly in regards to Fibromyalgia.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to this.
    I was only diagnosed 18 months ago, but suspect I had it a lot longer. People don't understand that there isn't a pill for it, to make it better. At my last visit, my doctor and I discussed meds for the pain. He's view is that the side effects to ANY medication would be worse than the pain. I told him that I agreed, this conversation was basically to ensure we were on the same page. My family however does not understand this. They want me to discuss meds again because there "might be something new". Even though I have explicitly explained more than once why I don't want to go on some of the meds some doctors do prescribe.
    For me, doing dishes or prepping a meal means pain running up and down my spine and into my legs and hips. Some nights, sleeping feels like I am on a bed of nails no matter what position I am in. My partner thinks if he does deep muscle massage it will help or "loosen things up". He doesn't understand how excruciating the pain is, so I don't let him.

    Your post was shared today on Twitter by FibroBloggers. I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone and someone out there understands how you feel. Take care.

    ReplyDelete