Sunday, September 25, 2022

My Mum's Chemo Journey - Round 2

 Drinking: Water    |    Weather: Mild but cloudy, with a chance of storms



So, since I last wrote my mum has started her Chemo treatment, she just had her second round on Friday. I haven't been to see her for a few weeks because I keep getting sick and I do not want to pass anything on to her during her 5 months of treatment for the Breast Cancer. I was going to see her on Thursday just gone but my glands swelled up in my neck and my fibro flared - I thought better safe to stay at home; sadly I think we both miss each others company. 

It's always the way though, I book a medical appointment and the day before I get sick! With some bug or other that my boys have picked up from school.

I have been sending mum a lot of pictures, photos of animated images or photos from my garden in hopes it will cheer her up a little, or at least allow her to focus on some other areas of life whilst going through this huge and unpleasant treatment process. I believe mum has so far experienced loss of appetite and nausea. I know she has been resting a lot, but my parents are not very forthcoming with information during this process, though having said that, my Dad did send me a photograph of mum on Friday having her treatment - hubby said she looked okay in the photograph. Probably braving a pleasant face for the camera. When I asked my Dad how you go to the toilet whilst having the treatment, Dad said you have to wait! Oh my gosh! That's a long time when you have a weak bladder and you are supposed to keep yourself hydrated throughout the treatment.

Here are some side affects from the Chemotherapy.



No comments:

Post a Comment