Thursday, January 20, 2022

Results of Pelvic Ultrasound & Helpful Female Links

 Drinking: Cuppa (mint) Tea


So I had a doctor's phone call appointment this morning, found out some results of my ultrasound (I need to see a Gynae to get a full rundown of the results.) What I know so far is that I have an enlarged uterus, my right ovary is larger than my left and I more than likely have another condition called Adenomyosis .

From what I can gather it's not unusual to have this as well as having Endometriosis, Endo grows on the outside of the uterus and Adenomyosis grows on the inside and is more common in women who have had children (given birth to). Treatment usually involves anti-inflammatories, warm baths and heat bags. The usual non-helpful things I use for Endo anyway. Apparently post menopause it is supposed to go away on its own, but a hysterectomy can assist with the process.

This link I found informative for my current situation: https://www.jeanhailes.org.au/resources/uterus-cervix-ovaries-fact-sheet

And if you're concerned about the Covid-19 Vax and your female health this link provides some facts (edited in November 2021) https://assets.jeanhailes.org.au/Fact_sheets/Women-and-the-COVID-19-Vaccines-Your-questions-answered.pdf?_ga=2.220534800.965995592.1642600672-2115779845.1642600672

No comments:

Post a Comment