Saturday, October 16, 2021

My 48 Day cycle post Contraceptive Pill & other ramblings

Listening to: Soft Pop & R&B on Spotify
Eating: Banana Walnut Muffin | Drinking: Green Tea

I had a tough week, spent most of it in bed with #Endometriosis pains and a period that has been coming every 48 days (now) since I was forced to stop taking the pill. My period was achy legs and thighs, migraines and no sleep. And of course heavy bleed with black clots.

I'm pretty sure (despite my GP's thoughts) I have started #perimenopause . The symptoms of which overlap with #Fibromyalgia a lot!
I was ever-so grateful that hubby stepped up and took over a lot of what I do around the house. It was unbelievably nice to have dinner made for me (and the family) every night. To know that I was not alone in looking after the household - including feeding the 2 dogs and the cat.
I spent Thursday mostly in bed still but got up in the arvo and then today I chose to support hubby on a scrap metal run. Granted I did not physically do much, I couldn't my hip bursitis was giving me no end of grief. Hauling poles onto the trailer in the gusty chill wind that came in over the southerly part of the sea at Goolwa Beach; Brrrr! that was the pick-up that made my body ache all over. And that all to knowing burn feeling in the legs like you've run a marathon. Ouchies as I carefully pulled my own legs up into the car afterwards, to head off to the next pick-up.
I'm most definitely not as strong as I used to be, and I really do still overestimate my strength. I think that would have to be one of the hardest things dealing with Fibro for me - is not being able to move a pot plant when I want to, and having to wait instead for hubby (occasionally my youngest son). I love being in the garden amongst my plants, but bending over once... is pushing it, bending over more than that and I'm going to be in agony shortly after.
I hate having to consider keeping a little in my battery tank (so to speak) so I can get back inside and wash my hands without being in too much pain.
In the car today, somewhere between Victor Harbour and Goolwa South I tried to brush some dog hair off of my pants, OMG did that hurt! My touch was light, non-existent, but it hurt. I remember explaining this to hubby. Sometimes I wonder if even he thinks it's insane, that I'm making it up. The stupid #fibrobody
Suffice to say I will more than likely be in a flare tomorrow - and tomorrow is wash day. I'm planning on thinking #happythoughts #pinkelephantsinleotards I do not want to feed that #fattyamigdala

No comments:

Post a Comment