Saturday, March 6, 2021

 



Hi there, not in a great head space tonight, I can't quite put my finger on it, though I did eventually tell hubby that I wasn't actually annoyed at him, I was not happy with number 9 - because he doesn't help out around the house; like he's supposed to. My head feels like an implosion - way too much going on inside it. I got the bum steer late this arvo on the phone - rung one number then got told I need to ring some other number, to then get told we're sorry for the wrong information, however the first people you rang were the ones who can fix the issue. So ALL that stress triggered my Endo pains instantly. 

Hubby ended up having a sleep late arvo about 5:30pm - even though he told me this morning that he didn't want to sleep today - whatever! He worked one big job this morning for a property that he does once a month I think. He said he was going to have an hour's rest - ahuh. I felt despondent about cooking dinner tonight, so I made something basic for the kids and decided not to cook anything for myself and figured hubby could make his own meal. All I really wanted was a pancake - but unfortunately to eat one of those I must make it myself. I ended up making two batches one sugar free and high in protein for hubby's health kick and another batch the usual basic pancakes. Both batches ended up being quite thick; which I guess is okay.


Oat & Protein Pancakes

2 medium size free range eggs

1 scoop of "very chocolate" flavoured 100% Whey protein powder

1/2 cup frozen mixed berries

1/2 cup rolled oats

1 cup of wholemeal flour

1 cup of self-raising flour

1 cup of (sugar free) tinned apples

1 cup or there-abouts of chilled water

~

1. Blitz oats with whey in blender until resembles crumbs, then pour into a mixing bowl.

2. Blitz apples in blender until smooth, add to oats mix.

3. Use Electric beaters to blend 2 eggs separately, then add to mix.

4. Sift in flour in 2 lots, add to mix.

5. Combine ALL ingredients

6. Pour chilled water into mix, gradually stirring until smooth and blended.

7. Let batter sit for 5-10 mins before pouring 10-15cm rounds into hot, lightly sprayed with oil pan.

~

Serve pancakes with a dollop of sugar free berry yoghurt and a handful of fresh mixed berries. If you're not on a health kick swirl a little Queen's sugar-free Maple Syrup on top.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment