Thursday, March 4, 2021

 Drinking: Caramel Latté  |   Listening to:  Spotify - Acoustic Voices

A beautiful day today outside - less like Autumn in South Australia and more like a Spring day, blue skies as far as the eye can see, everybody's lawns are greening up too. The gardens tell us when Easter is nearly here as the Easter Lillies are already flowering. 

I somehow managed to get my butt out of bed today and eat my weetbix/blueberries and yoghurt with my number 6 year old before hubby took both boys to school at 8:30am. Somehow by 9:30am  I had done some housework - sweeping the lino on the kitchen floor is really tedious but it has to be done; the bending at the waist really kills my hip. It's like it gets locked up no matter how much stretching I do bloody Bursitis. Now according to my GP she thinks that the hip bursitis should have cleared up ages ago - but it hasn't! It's been intermittent pain usually a little tight and problematic in the morning, then loosens up during the day a bit until I have to start bending over to pick up tiny bits of crap from the floor. That's when it really starts to give me hell! By the end of the day [everyday now] it's awfully painful. I do however have a tendency to keep pushing through the pains; especially at dinner time when by that time of the day I am over tired already. Make dinner for 5 - and to make it worse not everyone eats the same thing. So infuriating! Clear away dishes, tidy kitchen, wash dishes, feed the dogs and the cat; if it's a school night prep the boys lunches for the next day... by that time I am suffering killer back and hip pains - especially if I started with them. 

The only pain relief I take are over the counter medication - 2 paracetamol and 3 ibuprofen, usually a dose in the evening before dinner [crazy time] then another dose before bed. The meds only work if I have some food in my belly. The meds are the only thing that helps me push past the pains and get dinner on the table. Yes I know it's a pretty lame dose of pain killers, but seriously nothing else works, I see no point in taking stronger meds like a forte version or opiods like codeine because they just don't help with my pains. Not even the Endometriosis let alone the Fibromyalgia. When I first was diagnosed with Fibro my GP prescribed a [non-repeat] dose of Lyrica because I had tried someone else's dose and it worked for some of my pain. I no longer take Lyrica - overall it didn't really help me, neither did Valium. 

I saw my physio today at Marion Physiotherapy - it had been 6 months since our last visit, although I have so many issues and pains going on, statistically there has been some improvement since my last visit, and more so since I first presented myself to the clinic in early 2020; following my diagnosis of Fibro in late 2019.

Oh and by the way - I finally made it down to the beach this morning - the walk, although short, was lovely even if hubby wore his work steel-caps on the sand whilst I walked ankle deep in the water.

Dinner needs to be served then it's off to the shops to help my 14 year old daughter get a job in retail.

No comments:

Post a Comment