Thursday, July 8, 2021

Migraines...

 Drinking: Black Tea | Eating: wholemeal toast with Vegemite



I hate migraines! I hate a lot of things come to think of it, my body's neurological system is a wreck. I've been having migraines - the classic ones with the tummy ache and nausea first as well as the aura ones - those latter ones are awful. I get like a kaleidoscope of flashing lights for what seems like ages either out of both eyes or just the one eye - usually my good eye. I can still kind of see but not so great, and it leaves me feeling dizzy and overwhelmed. I was trying to hang up a load of washing last Friday when one started. It didn't dawn on me that it was going to be a migraine because I rarely get aura ones. Wouldn't have mattered anyway because I can't take any painkillers to help reduce the pain.


I can't take pain killers for anything at the moment! Nothing I take seems to be working. Is it like a massive bad batch or something?? So I put up with the aches and pains of it all, whether it be
Endometriosis, Fibromyalgia or migraine! If I had to do a would you rather scenario here I would rather Endo and Fibro at the same time than a bloody migraine.

Anyway I finally got in to see my doctor, it's taken like a month of Sunday's to make it there as I kept on picking up a bug. And that meant that I would have to face a barrage of Covid related questions and more than likely not be allowed to have a face-to-face appointment; of which I have been desperately needing to find out my blood test results and query the cyst on the brain that I read in the report from the MRI I had a few weeks ago now. AND to do a new mental health plan.

So... on telling my doctor about my migraines she told me she wants me to stop taking the pill. The Pill! The Contraceptive Pill!! For various reasons - mainly because it is probably why I am getting migraines all the time now, which puts me at much greater risk of a stroke (among other things). I never was taking the pill to stop me from getting pregnant - I started it way back when I was in my early twenties (prior to sex even becoming a factor). It was recommended to me by a sexual health social worker through SHINE with whom I was seeing in regards to a really awful internet date that happened in the late 1990s. Yeah my first date from a dude I met online - screwed me up for many years. One could say - at least I survived it - because I very nearly didn't. 

Anyway I have been taking the Pill for about 25 years now I reacon and suddenly being told to not take it is like a slap in the face - I think I am going to listen to this advice this time is because of the enormous risk I now have facing me if I do continue to take the pill. But to walk away from my doctor with no pain relief from the migraines is a tad disconcerting. I shouldn't have to be - used to pain; there should be some kind of relief out there for me. I can't take Codeine and I'm allergic to Penicillin.

I started writing this blog entry last night and I guess I should really finish up writing it tonight. I have so much to say on this topic. My head and my neck are killing me and have been for well over 14 days now. And yeah I am used to the intensity of this pain and I've had enough of it on top of everything else. 

I am on night 2 of not having the pill. I was the kind of woman that skipped her periods indefinitely as my way of escaping the Endo pains - it would work for the most part until some invisible cycle whooshed around again and the pains would be agonising. This past year or so has been Endo pains combined with Fibro pains. It's been hell! There's been no relief - and now it's going to get worse and there's nothing I can do about it. It's going to be Endo pains plus the irregular heavy bleeding and everything else. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tash, read your post with interest as I get migraines too. Sorry to see what you are going though. I hope it works. Thanks for joining Fibro Blogger Directory. I have added this article to our weekly Fibro Friday link up so more people will read your article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.
      And for sharing it as well.

      Delete