Friday, April 2, 2021

Good Friday Bad Brother

 Drinking: water    | Listening to: SPOTIFY Bnspyrd by Acoustic Voices playlist




Today was Good Friday here in South Australia, it was quite a warm day actually, with an occasional breeze to cool us. We went to an adventure playground locally and met up with most of the family - my siblings included and Grandma - who is 99! It was supposed to be a morning tea at 10am however my sister was having troubles settling her four month old and they had both been awake since 3am! Poor souls. The day panned out with an Easter egg hunt around our picnic rugs and chairs, a huge gum tree played nicely to hide a few brightly foiled eggs; before they started to melt in the warm Aussie sun. 

It was lovely to catch up with the family - Mum and Dad, GeeGee (short for Great Grandma, a fond name we endeared to my Grandma when my daughter Tilli was knee high to a grasshopper). My parents had recently returned from Victoria on a caravan mini-break to spend time with friends, so it was lovely to catch up with Mum. I noted how trendy she was looking in a fresh modern tee-shirt that she had purchased from Port Fairy.

My (older, by 2 years) brother arrived with his wife and their son - now an even more anti-social teenager. I really have no idea what I have done for my brother to be so ignorant and arrogant and oh gosh just plain awful towards me. When ever we have a family thing, no matter where it is he ignores me. I've tried many times to acknowledge him, to say hello on arrival. Geeze I'm getting teary writing about it, obviously it hurts me somewhere deep inside. I hate the way he makes me feel. That I'm inferior to him or something. He ignores not just me - he didn't even say hello to my daughter today or my hubby. He was fine with our boys though. 

Recently via text message (prior to Christmas 2020) he accused me of always needing money and having to get "financial"assistance from our Dad. Which isn't the case. This came about because hubby and I were looking into (earlier in 2020) building a home, we wanted to know what our options were and knew that my parents had helped out both of my siblings financially. My brother flew off the handle with me on this. My brother and my sister have both managed to build their own homes - I am renting, we kind of prefer it, yet it would be wonderful to own our own home one day.

So, anyway how can one family turn out to be so individually different from one another?

How can you have a narcissistic brother, an empath (me) and ... hmm I'm not entirely sure what traits my sister has, I guess she's a bit in-between or something else entirely.

~

Asides from the negativity of my brother, I was worried about not lasting a couple of hours at the park with the family because I have been having terrible insomnia and chronic fatigue for the past week. So far I haven't had a rest at all today, even though I really wanted to, I stayed up when hubby had one late this arvo. I'm about ready to hop into bed now actually, but my body is terribly aching and sore. Plus I have several tabs open on my computer - been instagramming today. (Is that even a word!?) 

I hope I sleep restoratively tonight. (Is that a word too?!)

...........................................

PS. For the life of me I wish I could just think of the word for "elastic bands" when I am in the moment and not keep calling them Sultanas!!  I know what they're called just my stupid fibro-fog twists words.


REFERENCE: https://www.heysigmund.com/toxic-people/comment-page-1/



No comments:

Post a Comment