Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Ghosted Family




Sure, there are communities online for people who suffer with #fibromyalgia or #Endometrosis or been through #domesticviolence but where are the online communities for the people who have been blacklisted, ghosted... from their own families? 

There is no one left to reach out to, no one left who truly understands to the extent of my situation. Yes I kicked my daughter out late last year - but that was because no one (not even my parents) were supportive through out my year of turmoil with my daughter. I tried so very hard to get support from all manner of places. All I got back was "I'm sorry Tash xx". I'm sorry you're going through this, we went through this with our daughter... son... it happens, teenagers are terrible. Blah Blah.. blah. And everyone knows it. But teenagers in this current day an age are worse then when our own parents had kids. 

It's very hard to get help for a teenager who refuses to accept it. Who has seemingly borderline personality disorder. Everyone who (truly) knows me, even the professionals knows how much of a go-getter I am, and how accepting I am of that help. 

But, I really don't understand why my own parents blame my husband for this situation. My own father is being incredibly controlling to the point where he won't allow my now estranged daughter to see the only true Dad she has ever known. My own father is so controlling he has changed my mother's opinion on my hubby. And even my sister's. Everything is so #!*$ed up. Because the daughter I gave birth to has spread lies about what's going on, what happened and why she won't ever step foot in our lives again. And for now - I am okay with that situation. Because I am incredibly hurt by my family and what they haven't done for me. I have missed out on so much and been excluded.


Since my grandma passed away:

  • I have had to kick my daughter out of our home.
  • I have been excluded from my niece's birthday. 
  • I was never asked to be involved in Christmas Day events. So therefore did not spend Christmas with family outside of my home. 
  • I was not asked to be involved in Easter this year either. 
  • I do not have any contact with my biological family.

I have had enough.
It feels like I'm dead to them. Or that they have died. 
My youngest son misses his grandparents he hasn't seen them (in person) since Boxing Day 2023. 

I have closed a part of me off from them.
Because all I do is cry, all the time now. It always hurt me being excluded from family gatherings - I yearn for these events. 
Why do they punish me. 
I search for reasons, answers..
Once I have accepted this I can move on and live my life. 
And finally heal. 

One day the daughter I gave birth to may reach out to reconnect to me, it won't be until after she has had her own daughter and then she will understand what it's like being a mum and all the sacrifices and choices we make.


Some helpful links that may help you:

No comments:

Post a Comment